Sunday, July 03, 2005

Life, Love and Laughter

I am in Youth, Part II. In other words, I’ve been ‘round the bend a few times, have heard every expletive known to man, and an expert in the how’s and why’s of wifeology and motherhood. I can look at my four adult children and think, ”how in the world did I grow these people and why am I not in the nut house?” I can look at my husband of some 49 years and think, “and the reason I married you was?” But I look back and think of the life, love and laughter that has followed me into my golden years, and I am glad I stayed the course.

Life is a bowl of spilled milk on your freshly mopped floor. Life is “growing up” your children and struggling to grow with them. Life is wrapping your arms around your husband when he becomes unlikable. Life is hurting for your children when they’re disappointed. Life is holding back tears and smiling when you’re down. Life is not looking down at someone else when you’re up. Life is waking up to a brand new day and living that day to it’s fullest – hoping for a tomorrow – but living it in such a way as to not be quite sure it will appear. Life is good.
Love is cleaning up the spilled milk and holding your temper. Love is understanding and patience with your children’s growing pains. Love is often laughing and crying at the same time. Love heals little boys skinned knees and teenage daughters broken hearts. Love is a friend who knows all your faults and still loves you. Love is a gift to be received and an even better present to give others. Love is good.

7 Comments:

Blogger gailcorky said...

Just wanted to let you know that I read your narrator in Family Circle and I was blown away. Great read, and then I read your blogs. Very impressed.Live, Laugh, Love!! Gailcorky

February 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger gailcorky said...

Just wanted to let you know that I read your narrator in Family Circle and I was blown away. Great read, and then I read your blogs. Very impressed.Live, Laugh, Love!! Gailcorky

February 9, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Found your blog in Family Circle. Great story, by the way. I had to stop by when I saw you were from Oak Ridge. I'm originally from Kingston. =) Nice blog, although it looks like you haven't updated in quite some time.

March 15, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Brittany and Johnse said...

I saw your story in Family Circle and LOVED it...I was so excited when they said you had a blog...but i see you haven't updated in a long time :( please start blogging again and give us all something to read and look forward too.

March 22, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger radgirl1993 said...

I read your story in Family Circle. It was a great story. I loved it. I recently read an article in the Reminisce magazine about the trailer parks for the power plant workers. It was very interesting. The picture was amazing. I got the opportunity a couple of years ago to work a short term job at a nuclear power plant in Pennsylvania. I live in Ohio but will possibly be moving to Oak Ridge for work.

March 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger My Heart 4 Him said...

Congrats on winning the Family Circle Fiction award. I really enjoyed the story. Please start writing on your blog again.

March 28, 2009 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger laughologist said...

Laughing is a part of my life it has changed my life so much. I use to be depressed on meds but laughter is the best medicine and it cured me. I now have a blog too dedicated to laughter. We share a common interest on laugher. www.laughologist.blogspot.com Tell me what you think I would love to hear your comments.

October 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home